Thursday 28 March 2019

Book Letters in Room 1 - Due Fri April 5th

We have discussed throughout this term that students have been expected to be reading their own chapter book regularly. By Friday April 5th students are required to have written me a letter, showing some deep thinking around one of the books they have completed. I always love hearing about the books students have been reading, and the level of thinking that is done. This task is about thinking about writing, in order that we can learn from books, become better writers ourselves, and enjoy books to the full! Below are some prompts and expectations to help students. There will be class time and teacher support to work on this, some homework time is probably required by most also.

Ideas for Book Letters – Some paragraph starters

A book letter is expected to be between one and two pages. It should be written clearly in paragraphs, with a new paragraph for each of the ideas you choose from the list of ideas below.

  • I was surprised when/angry about/satisfied with/moved by…

  • I liked the way the author…

  • I noticed how the author…

  • I don’t understand/didn’t like how the author…

  • If I were the author I would have…

  • I’d compare this author to…

  • This book reminded me of…

  • The main character…

  • The character development…

  • The structure of this book…

  • The climax of the plot…

  • The resolution of the main character’s problem…

  • The genre of this book…

  • I’d say some the most important them/message in this book is…

  • I wish that…

  • I didn’t agree…

  • I rate this book __ out of ten,  because…

ALWAYS INCLUDE:
 
🡪I was struck by/interested by/convinced by/particularly enjoyed this passage… because…

🡪How do the themes and messages in this book connect to our school values and what we have learned in RE?

No comments:

Post a Comment