-Only those people sleeping in tents at Port William (see earlier post) need to bring bed mats. Nobody else needs to. The Marae and the Stewart Island backpacker will provide us with mattresses, there will also be mattresses provided for those sleeping in the hut at Port William.
-We have discussed the need for WOOL, POLYPROP & POLARFLEECE on our overnight tramp. We've also discussed the need for LAYERING clothing so we can adapt to temperature changes as we walk and camp. I suggest (as on the gear list) the following clothing for tramping
- Woolen socks
- Longjohns/tights - wool or polyprop
- Boardies/nylon running shorts - quick drying
- T-shirt - wool or polyprop
- Long sleeve t-shirt - wool or polyprop
- Warm Long sleeve top - wool, polyprop or fleece or softshell
- Water proof jacket - preferably a seam sealed shell layer. Puffer jackets/ski or snowboard jackets are NOT waterproof and will absorb water and get ruined, heavy and very cold if it rains.
- Warm woolen or fleece beanie
-A boat will be carrying our overnight gear so students will be packing extra warm dry clothes which they can get changed into once they arrive at Port William.
-We will meet at the church car park 8.45am sharp on Sunday and go to mass at 9am.
-Daylight savings ends on Sat night so please make sure you put your clocks back one hour!
Any issues please make contact asap 027 277 8466
Thanks! I'm looking forward to Sunday!