Tuesday 7 February 2017

Homework Term one Week Two

 Welcome everyone to Room 6 for 2017. Welcome back to the Year 8’s, I’m looking forward to working with you as the seniors at St Gerards. An extra special welcome to the Year 7’s, you’re a great bunch and I’m sure we’ll have an awesome year!!

I’ve had an excellent summer holiday full of fun around our beautiful South Island, Te Wai Pounamu. I’m hoping you’ve all had excellent holidays also. Returning to school after the summer can be a bit of a shock so we’ll just ease ourselves into the homework!

-       Please complete this writing task in your best hand writing, using your most interesting language and with your best spelling and punctuation. Show me all that you’re capable of!

Year Sevens

Please write a letter to me introducing yourself. I’d be expecting roughly a page. You could tell me about the things you like doing, your strengths, your weaknesses, your fears or worries, your family, friends, pets, family history, goals…anything at all!

I would also like you to write a paragraph telling me what things are important to make school good for you and what helps you to learn well. I really want to get to know you and look forward to reading these letters.

Year Eights

Please write a letter to me telling me:
-Firstly, tell me about some of your best memories over your previous years at St Gerards.
-Secondly, I’d like you to take some time to think and then write about what you want to do this year to really make the most of your final year here at St Gerards.
-Thirdly, I want you to tell me what you think you can contribute as a Year 8 to make our school a great place for everyone.
-Finally, I would also like you to write a paragraph telling me what things are important to make school good for you and what helps you to learn well.

Write on an A4 piece of refill and put it in the homework box on Friday morning before school.


Have a great week! Kia ora!

Mr Yeoman

No comments:

Post a Comment